Sunday, May 6, 2012

GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!! & D's Fast.....

I seriously cannot wait for school to be OVER!!!! Like get me out of here already please,Thank you!! I last min. books to finish,essays to complete & last finals & you know all that last min. senior stuff..
Any who,I have been extremely busy this whole week & I'll be busy next week(graduation next saturday woo-hoo!;) & the following week.Crazy month,but I love it! 

Me & my sis. also started the 21 days Daniels Fast & I'm super excited about it. There are certain foods you have to avoid & only certain ones you can eat. Here is the list of what we have to avoid & eat:

FOODS TO AVOID:
  • All meat & animal products - beef, buffalo, fish, lamb, poultry, and pork.
  • All dairy products - butter, cheese, cream, eggs, and milk.
  • All sweeteners - agave nectar, artificial sweeteners, cane juice, honey, molasses, raw sugar, syrups, stevia, and sugar.
  • All leavened bread & yeast - baked goods and Ezekiel bread (if it contains yeast and honey).
  • All refined & processed food products - artificial flavorings, chemicals, food additives, preservatives, white flour, and white rice.
  • All deep-fried foods - corn chips, French fries, and potato chips.
  • All solid fats - lard, margarine, and shortening.
  • Beverages - alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, energy drinks, herbal tea, and tea.

WHAT TO EAT:

  • All fruit - fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned.
  • All vegetables - fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned.
  • All whole grains - amaranth, barley, brown rice, oats, quinoa, millet, and whole wheat.
  • All nuts & seeds - almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pine nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds. Nut butters are also included.
  • All legumes - canned or dried; black beans, black eyed peas, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), great northern beans, kidney beans, lentils, pinto beans, and split peas.
  • All quality oils - canola, coconut, grapeseed, olive, peanut, and sesame.
  • Beverages - distilled water, filtered water, and spring water.
Other - herbs, spices, salt, pepper, seasonings, soy products, and tofu.
            (info. via:ultimatedanielsfast.com)

Let me tell you it is NOT easy at first, especially for those sweet tooth people like me,sometimes you feel like,"I have NO idea what to eat" but after a while,you'll get a hang of it & you feel more energized & healthy.I LOVE IT. It was also wake up call for me,seeing all the foods that we consume & not knowing what they put in to make & preserve it,makes me a huge health freak & plus now,I check everything that I eat,the ingredients & all,If I can't pronounce it,I'm not eating it.They also have many different websites that have TONS of D.fast recipes that are pretty delicious.So here's to our D.fast,LET'S START IT GOOD & END IT GOOD..(p.s.No cheating AT ALL;)!!!)

No comments: