Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Victory Girl..

I have been telling myself to blog about something that really is important to me or at least of a meaning,I know I have been blogging about what I have been up too or what inspires  me & all that blah-di-blah stuff,so I had been a little hesitant about blogging about my aunt & best friend Folau.I FINALLY put together what I could sum up about her life.
Isn't she beautiful!!
Our family first met Folau at one of our fall fun-fest thing we had our church,her aunt(who was one of my mum's co-workers when she use to work for the airlines) invited her to come along & I was working in of the most dangerous game booths in the fun-fest(throwing sharp darts at little water balloons;) I first thought she was Samoan or Tongan,some sort of Islander. My dad decided to asked her if she wanted a bible-study, surprisingly she said YES, & that's how we came to know her & her side of the family even more.Through out the years we all became really close.me,my sister & her.She was sort of like that best friend/aunt type a person,someone who will tell you up straight what she likes & does not,she was REAL, we would talk about the latest drama that was going on & what we thought of this person & that person, basically everything you could talk to a bestie about.
Folau survived breast cancer in 2007 & was hit again with spindle cell carcinoma.She went through multiple chemo's, 1 major surgery & lots of medication.She completely hated her pills & disliked being in the hospital.The day after her surgery we went to see her & she was really weak,but she still could talk,me & my sis. asked how she was feeling,but she responded about the latest thing she saw on facebook, she said "Oh my word,I can't believe she posted that,what was she thinking'' through all the different types of wires & tubes hanging on her,we all started laughing uncontrollably. I told her "Really,you'll ask that hours after your surgery"!  Yes only Folau.
 Despite through all being very sick & weak,she never lost her faith & trust in God.Always had a giving heart & she LOVED doing crafts,sewing & thinking awesome party ideas,she was amazingly creative. She took me to walk around San Francisco for my 18th birthday & we ate this delicious crab place by the sea. 
During the last months of her life,she & her husband Sau came & stayed with us,the doctors had entirely given up on her,the tumor was so spread out through out her body,that they could not do anything else,but to discharge her from the hospital.
When they moved in,that's when we all got really close.We would stay up till 3-4 in the morning,talking,watching hilarious videos on you-tube,doing my hair,thinking of amazing crafts, hair-stuff she wanted to make & sew.I won't forget this past Christmas,when me,my sister & her took almost 5 hrs, to get ready to go to the new years sale.We stayed at the mall till it closed,well we were suppose to leave earlier,since she wasn't feeling well,she started getting sick & was coughing blood,but she refused to go & took some pills & felt better,so we kept on shopping,Ha! that was the strong-willed side of her,when she made up her mind or set her her mind on something,there was no way of changing it.

Christmas 2011

Their Fijian marrige:)

Seri,Foalu & Frances..




The last couple of weeks,when the nurse told us that she had only couple days to live,I for some reason had this flicker of hope that she would get better & God would heal her completely. I guess it was just too much for me to receive the news,that she only had a couple of days to live.But the moment when she had breathed her last breath,I thought to myself,in the midst of raw sad emotions.
I made myself a vow that in this life that I live,I will GIVE AS MUCH AS I CAN,LOVE ALL I CAN,LIVE MY LIFE TO THE FULLEST & LOVE GOD WITH ALL MY HEART & BE OBEDIENT TO HIM.You never know when he chooses to take you.
Yea I was a little mad & had LOTS of questions,on WHY? God,she was only 28 years old.WHY! Why not take someone who wants take their own life or those old people in bed that are not even able to function on their own(sorry for the mean comment,but as you see I was a little mad) she had so much potential. Sometime life has unanswered questions,God takes whom he wants to take & he knows that was best for her.Yes,excepting the fact that she was actually gone was a ginormous horse pill to swallow.
 I miss her terribly & I have so much memories that I will cherish being with her.Her pretty smile. her never dieing faith in God, believing that he is a healer,no matter what.God know's what is best for us.And to think,that she will never have to suffer all the pain & all the stress & things we have to deal with in this world.Folau has gone on,on her reward. It like what pastor said,It's a two way thing win,
 "If she got better,SHE WINS,if God plans to take her SHE STILL WINS"


Folau,Thank You so much for the moments that we all had together,I cherish them dearly & for teaching me to say NO & not let anyone take advantage of me being too kind & the many things you taught us;) I love you!!!!

No comments: